The Krämerbrücke, the most interesting secular building of Erfurt, was established first from wood and 1325 from stone.
probably already the first wooden bridge buildings about Gera ("erph") with old, name-giving ford of the Germanic-Slavonic, Caroling border commercial centre "erphesfurt"
documentary mentions " capella Sti. Aegidii " (Beyer Urk. B.I 10) in the bridge east access (probably at the same time the Benedigkti chapel in the west access)
from the lightning strike " the beyden churches sampt of the alleys up to town hall in the ash " put (Liber manuscript 27a)
documentary designations " pons rerum venalium " on the occasion of the recovery of two shops or rubbish stalls (tabernae)
again fire devastations
after fire the Ägidienchapel the council(advice) to Erfurt pursues the acquisition of the bridge rights of different monasteries, around the often burnt down wooden Krämerbrücke by a stone one to replace
the stone bridge is completed (Cronica S.Petri Erford. Mod. S. 357), are also massively renews both churches in the bridgeheads; St. Ägidien is incorporated to the "Scot's monastery"
in the ground floor the Ägidienchurch three shops, another in the curved tower ground floor furnished; the spitz's helmet 1392 put on; church show page with bay window in the second half of the 15th century changes
the curved ground floor hall with stalls of the goat leather tanners becomes in the Benediktichurch destroyed by fire
establishment the thought over "Mühlstege" to the south of the bridge
big city fires, besides, St. Benedikt with grasps(registers), the very affected bridge will leave from the shopkeepers to
bridge repairs with widening of the old stone bridge by models and explosive work, renewal of the half-timbered houses too better habitability and return of the bridge shopkeepers
the translated designation "Krämerbrücke" patentees usually
the service is put with the Reformation into the Ägidienchurche and is destroyed the municipality the businessman's church assigned
roofs and high west gable wall the Ägidienchurch, to 1609 again produced; 1618 the church in the property the "Kaufmännerkirchgemeinde"
properties or houses on the bridge are folded up and go more and more to craftsman more than properties or houses on the bridge are folded up and go more and more to craftsman more than
the Benediktichurch to private possession, partly cleared away, builds over; in 1896 total demolition in favour of the "town hall bridge" planned besides
final blockage of the Krämerbrücke for difficult traffic
is acquired after the Benediktichurch also the Ägidienchurch by a businessman, transforms into a dwelling-house and business house; The bell tower remains five houses in the possession of the businessman's church
destroyed by fire Nr.23-27, besides simplifies rebuilt
the planned demolition of the shopkeeper's bridge for expense reasons and town planning considerations fails
If the "town hall bridge" in parallel running southerly appears after demolition of the mill buildings and "Mühlstege" as a new traffic facility between few market and Benedikti place
among other things reconstruction of the houses destroyed by war Nr.12-14, rebuild the Ägidienchurch for the Evangelic-methodistische free church
out of repairs in the bridge construction take place extensive house reorganizations and facade recoveries
repair, intensification and divisor innovation of the particularly defective central area the bridge vault with new street construction (documentation in the civil engineering office) before and after
according to the possibilities are continued the systematic efforts towards bridge-construction, building construction and character of utilization; the annual "shopkeeper bridge party" in June is introduced in
establishment of different forms "corporation Krämerbrücke" to the support of the farmer's attitude, the inhabitant's interests and appropriate development of utilization